IG LONDON NOCTURNE TO LAUNCH AT THE LONDON BIKE SHOW
- UK's first indoor criterium created inside Excel London -
FACE Partnership and VOS Media are delighted to announce a partnership between The London Bike Show and the Nocturne Series, which will see a version of the IG London Nocturne taking place at the 2013 show.
The event will see the UK's first fully indoor criterium race with a replica version of the Nocturne course created within the Excel Arena. Races will take place on each day of the show bringing Nocturne favourites such as the Folding Bike Race, Penny Farthing Race and Elite Criterium alongside some new events.
The London Bike Show has seen substantial growth year-on-year since its launch in 2011, and this partnership is the beginning of the next stage in the development of the show. VOS Media are keen to build on the show’s position as London’s leading bike show, and have ambitions to develop the show further into the UK’s premier cycling event, and a date in every cyclist’s diary.
Integrating the IG London Nocturne into the already successful show will add a new dimension to the offering. Fast paced, competitive racing that will provide a compelling experience for spectators, participants, exhibitors and sponsors.
Show Director of The London Bike Show, Geraldine Reeve commented “We’ve been working on this partnership for a number of months and we’re excited to be teaming up with FACE Partnership and bringing this fantastic, entertaining series of racing to the show. Nocturne Series has run events all over the UK and we’re delighted to welcome it to The London Bike Show. This partnership will play a key role in the development of the show and I hope this will be the start of a long and successful partnership between FACE Partnership and VOS Media. These are unprecedented times for cycling in the UK and we’re privileged to be part of it.”
James Pope of FACE Partnership said: “We are delighted to be working with The London Bike Show and the event will provide an excellent opportunity to launch the 2013 IG London Nocturne showcasing some of the racing to a new audience. We're excited about creating an indoor circuit and are working with VOS Media to bring some unique features to the set up that will help take the Nocturne experience to a new level of excitment and entertainment.”
Kelly Parsons, Head of Marketing at distributor Madison, who have been involved with the show since day one commented “We’re delighted with the growth and success of The London Bike Show. It really has surpassed our expectations. We’ll be back at the 2013 show with a large presence and we’ll definitely be entering a team into the IG London Nocturne.”
Some of the races planned include:
- Elite Men's and Women's Criterium
- Folding Bike Race
- Penny Farthing Race
- Fixed Criterium
- Media / Industry Race
- IG City Challenge
- Junior Criteriums
- Support Races (these will act as qualification for the Support Race at the main IG London Nocturne)
The London Bike Show attracted over 85,000 visitors in 2012 and over 150 exhibitors, including many of the major brands and distributors.
For more information visit www.thelondonbikeshow.co.uk
- 19/09/13: London Nocturne confirmed for Saturday 7th June 2014
- 15/06/13: Hannah Barnes confirmed as Elite Women's Crit winner
- 13/06/13: Official statement on Elite Women's Criterium
- 08/06/13: Trott and Scully triumph in thrilling 2013 elite races
- 04/06/13: World class field assembles for the IG London Nocturne
- 31/05/13: Movistar duo Dowsett and Intxausti to ride on 8th June
- 30/05/13: IG City Criterium roller racing launch at Rapha shop
- 15/05/13: Win a Condor Potenza bike and Rapha Pro Team kit!
- 15/05/13: Register for the LCC Urban Cycle Cross, new for 2013
- 30/04/13: Wiggle Honda to compete in Elite Women's Criterium
- 17/04/13: IG London Nocturne partners with Time Out in 2013
- 21/01/13: Round up of the action from the London Bike Show launch
- 19/01/13: Bibby takes win for Madison-Genesis in Norglide Crit
- 19/01/13: Day 2 round up - Copie wins Rapha Women's Race